Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Alarmed by This Business

So my job gives me a company van... but no gascard
My job gives me directions to go to the customer... but no cell phone
My job hires me to install alarms... but no uniform
Luckily I received my tools and parts. Tomorrow I get my phone. They gave me one blue shirt w/company logo today.
The training has been less than adequate, at least for my first solo install this Saturday. Basically, I will be punching holes in someone's walls hoping I know what I'm doing. So, this job may not last long at all. Once I fuck up and lose a customer I'm sure they'll understand how rewarding their 'training' has been.
Until that time I will be reading manuals, studying what other techs are doing first-hand and trying to glean as much information as I can. I hope everything works out.

On my way to Monterey, CA today to do an alarm install (very beautiful day to be there, btw) I noticed that Gilroy was the Garlic Capital of the world. Hollister is the Artichoke Capital of the world. Stockton is the Asparagus Capital of the world. Fresno is the Raisin Capital of the world. Yuba City is the Dried Plum Capital of the world (btw, they used to the Prune Capital but it got too many jokes during their Prune Festival). How many towns in California have a patron fruit or vegetable? Send me what you know. I'll post it and make a catalogue of it just for kicks.
While in Monterey I picked up some chocolate raisins from The Candy Baron on Cannery Row. Excellent!! Best choco-raisins I ever had. Raisinettes these are not! These are covered in dark chocolate not that milk shit.

Well, tomorrow I have to meet my trainer Dave (he's cool, I don't blame him for the training defecit, he knows what he's doing) in Stockton at 8 o'clock am. That means I gotta get some rest. Talk to y'all later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you started this new job the same way your last job started.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention Corning is the olive capital of the world and Olivehurst is the shit capital of the world!lol
--Mondo

10:12 PM  
Blogger Brian Perez said...

truer words were never said...

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home